The City Clerk performs a wide variety of services for the Mayor, City Council, City, and the public. The Clerk is responsible for:
- Preparing full and accurate minutes in accordance with legal requirements, and providing City staff with notification of decisions made
Council Meeting Minutes
- Serving as custodian of all official records and archives of the City, including ordinances, resolutions, contracts, agreements, and deeds
Code of Ordinances
- Attesting and certifying official documents and copies
- Ensuring compliance with Public Records Law by providing records management for official documents of the City Council and helping departments to comply with State record retention and disposition schedules
Records Retention and Disposition Schedule
- Providing the public with official notification of public hearings, including legal advertising of notices
- Writing resolutions in accordance with State and City laws as required in connection with enactments of City laws and policies
- Coordinating the board and commission appointment process, and filling vacancies
Boards and Commissions
- Coordinating special events of the City Council
- Handling inquiries and information requests received on behalf of the Clerk’s Office
Check out the City Clerk FAQ's for answers to common Inquiries. .
Pamela Megill, City Clerk
Pamela Megill is the City Clerk for the City of Fayetteville, where she has served since September 2011. Pamela has over 27 years’ experience of working for local government municipalities. Prior to moving to Fayetteville, Pamela served as the Town Clerk for the Town of Tyrone, Georgia, the City Secretary for the City of Copperas Cove, Texas, and the Deputy City Secretary for the City of The Colony, Texas. Pamela has also worked in the Library Departments of the City of El Paso, Texas, and Manchester, England, UK. Pamela attained the Texas Municipal Clerk Certification from the University of North Texas, and the Certified Municipal Clerk and Master Municipal Clerk designations from the International Institute of Municipal Clerks.
Pamela is originally from Manchester, England, and now calls Fayetteville, North Carolina her home that she shares with husband, Colonel (retired) Todd Megill. Pamela has two adult children; son, Gavin, and daughter, Nicola. As a long time military spouse Pamela has lived in a variety of locations: Athens, Greece; El Paso, Texas; Aviano, Italy; Kaiserslautern, Germany; Killeen, Texas; Darmstadt, Germany; Atlanta, Georgia.